Monday, October 10, 2011

Don't Stop ~ Get it, Get it...

Written by:  Amandita Sullivan
 www.facebook.com/amanditasullivan


Whenever I have a long night of not being able to sleep because my body is killing me, I take a look at something like this: The final page of my accident report, with some extra notes added onto it. Reading the last line of this paragraph is scary, as is the thought that the driver was in a position/condition in which he had no idea he was operating the vehicle with a person on the trunk of his car. They say that, "he is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has." Even though things have been less than ideal since, that day could have ended much differently for me (and not in a good way). Focusing on my multiple blessings makes me feel fortunate and beyond grateful that I'm in one piece today. Let's be honest: Having to fight your way to the top of any mountain stinks. But, once I get there, all the sleepless nights, tears, pain and struggle will have been worth it. So today I've got my eye on the NYC Marathon that I will be running someday. I can almost feel how exhilarating & empowering crossing the finish line is going to be =)



No comments:

Post a Comment